“Nesting in Nature”
Create a beautiful mixed media painting inspired by Nature and your own intuitive Flowering
- Using an intuitive approach, we’ll build a layered ground with “Absorbent Medium” (optional), gesso, and charcoal using tonal variation
- In a free form style of mark making, we’ll allow our own unique gestural moves to lead the way
- A special tutorial is included on how to create loose, ‘messy nests’. This was designed as preparation for the larger canvas painting, but many students loved this section so much they have framed their nest studies!
- Create a wonderful ethereal painting symbolizing new life with eggs and simple figurative silhouette
- We’ll keep it loose with a style emphasis on slight abstraction vs. a defined, representational form
- Using negative space, you’ll learn how to integrate a simple form of the divine feminine figure to complete your painting
- Upon registering, you have immediate access to ALL 7 VIDEOS & WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
- Lessons are downloadable so you can go at your own pace, and keep them for life!
- This class is suitable for beginner and intermediate level painters
- Simple Materials List delivered once you register. Use what’s on the list or improvise with your own.
YES! I’M IN!
**After payment, please wait while you’re redirected back to this site for the last step of registration.
I have a deep love and passion for anything ‘bird-related’, including nests and eggs. These symbolize the infinite possibilities of new life and fresh beginnings. The wondrous way birds fashion homes is a marvelous inspiration to me. They are so delicate, and yet they stand up to the harsh elements of the environment, providing safety and refuge.
It was a joy to create this mini-course, and I hope you have loads of fun experimenting…feel free to follow along with my example as a template, or let yourself be inspired to create your unique version.