September 14 – December 7
A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, by Julia Cameron
A 12 week online Book Club & Creative Lab
with Flora Aube
While many of us have experienced the power of Julia Cameron’s book, ‘The Artist’s Way’ on our own, there is another level of magic that opens when we join together in sacred circle. With special permission granted directly by Julia, I am holding space for a 12 week journey as we travel through this extraordinary process of self discovery, creative recovery and artistic flourishing.
The first time I read this book was about 25 years ago and it changed my life. I am deeply passionate about the creative process because it is a direct lifeline to our divine Source, our artist self, and opens the channel for pure JOY to bubble forth from our inner well.
- Read 1 chapter a week for 12 weeks, beginning September 14
- Write 3 stream-of-consciousness morning pages daily
- Take ourselves on a private artist date once a week
- Cut ourselves a break if we don’t follow through on any of the above, but stay conscious about our resistance
- Julia offers weekly exercises that relate to each chapter’s topic. You’ll choose which ones call to you…some weeks you might do them all, or you might choose none at all.
- I will offer simple, weekly ART EXPRESSION exercises as a visual way of recording our reactions to what opens us for us with the content. These are not art lessons, they are ‘mark making’ expressions. Simply gather 12 pieces of paper, and any drawing/painting tools you already have. This is totally optional.
- We’ll journey together via a private Facebook sanctuary. Per Julia’s recommendation, we will not share our morning pages, but rather, what opens up for us in response to the chapter material each week. Although participation is encouraged, it is optional.
- Each Friday, beginning September 14, you’ll receive an email with the weekly topic, plus an inspirational quote to download. “Ideally”, we’ll each read our chapters that day or on the weekend so we have the rest of the week to engage in the exercises and witness what bubbles up.
- If you already own the book, great! If not, please purchase a copy. To best prepare, read the chapter on ‘The Basic Tools” before we open September 14. (You do not need to purchase the workbook for this class, unless of course you want it)
Are you ready for a guided encounter with your own Creativity?
*Registration confirmation will be delivered within 24 hours to your paypal email. If you don’t receive it, please contact Flora at email@example.com
Refund Policy – No refunds after course opens on September 14
Flora founded the Art of Allowing Academy to provide a sanctuary for the soul. She believes we are all inherently creative beings that have the power to co-design a harmonious world of cooperation through conscious creativity. By bringing better educational skills that empower the principles of receptivity, listening, intuition, connection and communion, we can make that dream possible. By participating in safe, sacred art circles we practice witnessing and holding space for the wisdom of every member, and learn how to shape loving communities which honor challenge, transformation and Joy.